Twin Row provides an alternative solution to higher yields through pushing populations with minimal change to your farming operation. The twin rows are 8″ apart and 4″ off the center to each side allowing you to use your conventional corn head to harvest.
Using Monosem’s patented Sync-Row™ system allows you to stagger the seed to get a diamond pattern for maximum space between plants. The diamond pattern allows more space between plants to maximize photosynthesis, decrease competition for nutrients and moisture, and shade the ground quicker reducing weed pressure and evaporation.
University studies have shown that twin row peanuts have less occurrence of disease, higher grades, and a 10-15% yield increase.
Twin Row Advantages
1. Potential for higher yields
2. Allows higher planting population
3. Twin row has shown benefits on many different crops
4. Narrow rows help with weed suppression
5. Maximizes space between plants to allow for efficient use of nutrients and water
6. Increases tonnage in silage
7. Same harvest equipment used as with single row
8. Better root development and diameter of stock for stronger plant
9. Increased use of sunlight
10. Reduces disease pressure
Sync-Row Timing at 35,000 population on 30″ rows gives plants 20% MORE SPACE by simply staggering seed versus side-by-side twin row.
Sync-Row Timing (Monosem)
Non Sync-Row Timing (Competitors)
Twin Row Peanuts
Twin Row Corn
Twin Row Soybeans
Twin Row Canola
Twin Row Beets
Twin Row Grain Sorghum